Apartment Therapy Survey
My Style: Coastal/Country French
Inspiration: The wonder of nature especially the beach from dawn and the first wave as it laps the shore to the setting of the sun.
Favorite Element: Artwork and area rugs
Biggest Challenge: Creating intimacy within large open spaces
What Friends Say: It's so calming, happy and full of light
Biggest Embarrassment: An interior Designer living with an Antique Dealer/Collector. I disdain clutter, Dave thrives on it.
Proudest DIY: Birdcage wall in kitchen
Biggest Indulgence: Area rugs, pillows and of course Original Artwork by local artists.
Best Advice: Choose colors that make you smile -- it is the second strongest emotional trigger. If the colors in your home are correct for you than you will feel better each time you enter. I color print every family member and for whomever the room is most important - that is person whose colors I choose.
Dream Sources: The Rug Company, Company C, Thibaut Wallcovering, Robert Allen Fabrics, and Local Artists and Craftsman.
RESOURCES OF NOTE:
- Ottoman: The Menagerie Ltd., Philadelphia PA
- Sectional: Sherrill Furniture, Custom Fabric
- French Country Chair: Found at a decorator showroom in Philadelphia PA, custom leather and fabric from F.S. Schumacher.
- Birdcages: Collected over time from various antique shops
- Flameless Candles: Luminara, QVC.com
- Kitchen Table Cloth: Designers Guild of London
- Kitchen Rug: Company C – purchased 3 years ago – no longer available
- Kitchen Cabinetry: Swartz Kitchens, Lancaster PA
- Kitchen Bench: Purchased thirty years ago from a Grange Furniture Company
- Wallpaper: Thibaut- Pattern: Wanderlust Color: Pink & Ivory
- Built-in Bookcases: Gable Designs, Lancaster PA